Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Communication Changes... Are they scary to you?


Are Communication Changes Scary in 2012?

As this fun scary time of year approaches, I remember the many years my kids and I prepared scary costumes. My son more than my daughter, but she has shown her scary side too.  

My daughter and I were talking about Halloween and she made the comment, "should I be scared of the world of technology? You keep telling me to beware and remember that everything I do can be blasted across the Internet world in a matter of seconds." Well... How do I answer a question like that? 

So... I tried to explain the changes of communication over the last 20 years.  Pagers, rotary home phones, cell phones, and now social media.  The most recent change was new to her, but she was very interested.  Image Communication?  

With the introduction of social media we have seen a change in communication.  Less phone calls are being made to confirm appointments, remind us of doctors appointments, updates from kids and parents, and many more you can probably list in twenty seconds.

Having the ability to find those you have lost touch with over the years, keep connected to people you don't see every day, or just reading your families daily updates has been not only a wonderful thing but a scary thing at the same time.

Twitter is one social network that has seen the most recent change and is embracing that change by including images in your Tweets.  

A Tweet with an image is more likely to be retweeted than one without an image.  With only 140 characters to make a point, you can use an image with text to finish the point or make the point to begin with.

LinkedIn has even embraced the world of images.  Their new design, ads with images, apps that include presentations or photos, and thumbnails in updates & discussion posts are all examples of their ability to embrace image communication.

Have you found yourself sharing the cute puppy image that says " I need a hug"?  

The positive quote that spoke to you this particular day? 

Personally I have enjoyed the image-graphics that have become so popular. You can get your point across with a great image and some key points.

What is your favorite image found on social media?  Have you shared an image today, this week, or this month?  

Don't let Image Communication scare you this Halloween! I know you can find the best images and share them with the world. 

My challenge to you.....
Choose a cute animal photo, type a caption on the photo, and share it with the world!  You will be surprised how many people you will touch and give a smile for the day!  



Do you need new monthly marketing tips?  Register for my newsletter today!  click below
If you enjoyed the blog post above, you can read this post which is similar.  click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Blog Post Openers - Michelle Shaffer