Friday, January 17, 2014

2014 Is Already Proving To Be A Great Year!

The ball has dropped, the champagne has been poured, the confetti as fallen and accumulated in the streets. The euphoria of welcoming in the New Year has come and after a few exciting hours, has gone. Now what?


What is going to make this year different? What are we going to do as individuals, family, country, and society as a whole to make the world a better place? In a 2013 that saw tragedy and triumph, inspirational stories and moments that made us cringe. History points to 2014 having the similar tale as 2013 with all the stories that will take place. Some will take us by surprise, others will shock us, we will laugh we will cry and make some new friends.

But what if this year we made a point to be mad less and be joyful more. I know I’m beating a dead horse with this one (I’m sure your twitter feed has been full of “2014 going to be happier/better/more enjoyable/insert feel good adjective here than last year” tweets). 2014 doesn’t have to be the year where in June we look back at the past 5 months and remember our New Years resolutions and think “well there’s always next year”. 2013 flew by. If you felt like it didn’t please let me know your secret in keeping time slow because I feel like the years are going by too quick and I don’t want to blink and miss a decade.


This year lets go on adventures. Lets take chances and go out and see the world. There’s nothing wrong with taking a spontaneous trip to someplace on the globe. Life is short and as the years are flying by we don’t have as much time as we think we do. I know my challenge for myself is to be more adventurous. Get out and see nature and mountains, go kayaking somewhere exotic and take pictures. I don’t want 2014 to get away from me like 2013 did. Let’s not worry about the future, let’s not think about 2015 and beyond, heck let’s not even think about February yet. January is here, 2014 is here, lets live in the present and take advantage of it. Cheers to a New Year, New Adventures, and New outlooks.

My challenge for you...
Schedule something fun on your calendar within the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Blog Post Openers - Michelle Shaffer